Holiday Homes Insurance 0800 1951993
0800 1951993
A Helpful A to Z List for Holiday Home Owners

Click here to select a section | A to C | D to F | G to I | J to L | M to P | Q to S | T to Z |

Accidental Damage Cover

An addition to Standard Insurance Cover (if your cover has been extended to include such cover). Damage caused suddenly and unexpectedly by an outside force.

Annual Safety Checks

Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 all gas appliances and flues in rented accommodation must be checked for safety within 12 months of being installed, and thereafter at least every 12 months by a CORGI registered engineer.

Buildings (Definition for Insurance Purposes)

The Home, swimming pools, ornamental ponds and fountains, hard courts, terraces, patios, drives, footpaths, walls, fences, gates, hedges and fixed tanks providing fuel to the Home. Also included are fixtures, fittings and decorations. These must all be at the insured address shown on an insurance policy schedule. Cover for Buildings is arranged on a reinstatement basis.


If you wish to make a claim under a policy which was arrange by us. If the claim is as a result of a crime, i.e. burglary, theft, malicious damage, please immediately inform the Police and obtain a crime report number. Take whatever reasonable steps are necessary to secure your property and avoid further damage. Retain any invoices, receipts for emergency work carried out to your property. Notify us of the circumstances immediately or in any case as quickly as possible after the event. Please telephone 01603 522 050 quoting your policy number. Alternatively please write to Smith & Pinching General Insurance Services Limited, 5 Surrey Street, Norwich NR1 3NX or email


It is fair to say that it is every company’s goal to give excellent service to all their customers. But occasionally things do go wrong. Insurance Companies and Insurance Brokers take all complaints they receive very seriously and aim to try and sort out all problems as quickly as possible. They start off by acknowledging a complaint in writing normally within a matter of a couple of days. They will try to sort out the complaint quickly but if the complaint is something that requires more detailed information or enquiries, they will write with an update and give an expected date of when they feel they can respond. At the end of the day, if you remain unhappy at whatever decision has been made, you have the right to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). You can write to the FOS at: Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9R.

Contents (Definition of Owner’s Contents)

Household items that You own or that You are legally responsible for. The definition of Contents does not include such items as documents of any kind, Motorised Vehicles, aircraft, boats, boards and craft designed to be used on or in water, caravans or trailers, and the parts, spares and accessories of any of these. Also, any part of the structure of Your Home including ceilings, wallpaper and the like; any item used for business or professional purposes and any living creature. Specifically excluded is any property insured by any other insurance policy. Cover for Contents is normally arranged on a new for old basis.

Disclaimer: We hope you have found these notes helpful but please note that they are for guidance only. We do not and can not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions. You should always seek professional advice if unsure on any matter and refer to your actual insurance policy documents for full terms and conditions of your cover. You should always make sure that you fully understand what you are insured against and more importantly, what you are not insured for.